The PAH-6 Cheetah is an attack helicopter in use by the European Federation Enforcer Corps.
The PAH-6 is a technological wonder due to its dual hydrogen-powered turboshaft engines. It is the 2nd generation version of a line of combat helicopters that were first deployed in 2003. Since then this series of attack choppers has demonstrated high lethality and survivability. The Cheetah is lighter, more energy-efficient, and more maneuverable than previous generations by a wide margin.
Europe has been on the forefront of alternative energy sources ever since 2009. As a result, units like the PAH-6 Cheetah are powered by some of the most technologically-advanced "green" engines in the entire world. What's amazing is that these "green" engines are just as effective as their fossil fuel-powered counterparts from a generation ago. However, manufacturing these engines is complex and time-consuming.
One unique feature of the Cheetah is its shrouded tail rotor. Not only does this reduce its acoustic signature, but it also protects the tail rotor from damage. The Cheetah is capable of a number of high agility maneuvers and can even perform a loop while equipped with a full combat load out.
The Cheetah is armed with the HOT-3, an optically tracked, laser guided missile using a tandem warhead. This reflects the EFEC’s peace-keeping roots as EFEC decided to equip the PAH-6 with optically-guided missiles to minimize collateral damage. It is also keeping with EFEC doctrine is the Cheetah’s emphasis on speed.
- Laser Guidance: Increases accuracy. Cost 100,000 CR
- HOT Missiles: Missile upgrade. Increases damage and splash. Cost 300,000 CR
- Area Effect Missiles: Upgrades HOT missiles to increase damage and splash. Cost 900,000 CR
- Electronic Chamber: Increases rate of fire. Cost 1,200,000 CR
- Platform Stabilizer: Increases accuracy. Cost 1,500,000 CR
- Recoiless Autocannon: Increases range. Cost 1,800,000 CR
- Caseless Ammunition: Increases damage significantly. Cost 2,100,000 CR
- ECM Decoy: Increases shield durability. Cost 100,000 CR
- Warning systems: Increases shield durability. Cost 300,000 CR
- E-Warfare Suite: Increases shield durability significantly. Cost 900,000 CR
- Ballistic Protection: Increases Hit Points. Cot 1,200,000 CR
- Hydrogen Cells: Increases movement speed. Cost 100,000 CR
- Power Unit: Increases movement speed. Cost 300,000 CR
Cheetah flights are given names after rare minerals and precious stones. Probably a metaphor for their colors and great blue tracers that they bring to the battlefield after engaging enemies.
(These Callsigns apply for the English, German and Spanish versions)
|EndWar European Federation Enforcer Corps Units and Abilities|