The M118 "Fastback" is the IFV for the United States Joint Strike Force.
Upon first inspection, the M118 Fastback looks like little more than an updated version of infantry fighting vehicle designs used at the close of the 20th Century. However, it represents a huge leap forward in IFV design. It is capable of engaging both ground and airborne targets and can quickly provide transport for a full squad of riflemen or engineers. Faster, more fuel-efficient, deadlier, and tougher than its predecessors, the Fastback incorporates many features pioneered by the Future Combat Systems program.
The M118 Fastback may look familiar on the outside, but it’s a whole new beast on the inside. Its original 600hp turbo-diesel engine has been replaced by a more fuel-efficient hybrid engine. Advances in hybrid technology have allowed for this change to be made without a sacrifice in horsepower or torque while leaving the vehicle's weight virtually unchanged.
Lessons learned from the Army's Stryker program led to the M118 being a tracked vehicle rather than a wheeled one. The Fastback also includes a full suite of electronic countermeasures and is fully "wired" according to specifications set by the Future Combat Systems program.
Its main armament, a dual-feed chain gun, has been upgraded from 25mm to 30mm. This helps to simplify supply logistics for JSF battalions because JSF gunships use the same type of ammunition. It also has the added benefit of increasing both the range at which the Fastback can engage enemy targets and its hitting power.
- Anti-Aircraft Railgun: Boosts anti-vehicle firepower. Cost 100,000 CR
- Coaxial Gun: Increases close range firepower. Cost 300,000 CR
- Rocket Pod: Unlocks special attack: Rocket barrage. Cost 900,000 CR
- Radar Scope: Increases range. Cost 1,200,000 CR
- Gyro-Stabilizer: Increases accuracy. Cost 1,500,000 CR
- HE Rockets: Increases special attack damage. Cost 1,800,000 CR
- Iron Dagger Projectile System: Increases accuracy significantly. Cost 2,100,000 CR
- Composite Armor: Increases Hit Points. Cost 100,000 CR
- Nano Composite Armor: Increases Hit Points. Cost 300,000 CR
- Remote Weapons System: Increases close range defensive firepower. Cost 900,000 CR
- Electro-Optical Countermeasures: Increases shield durability significantly. Cost 1,200,000 CR
- Power Unit: Increases movement speed. Cost 100,000 CR
- Hydrogen Cells: Increases movement speed. Cost 300,000 CR
The callsigns of Fastbacks seems to deal with means of transportation.
- Yellow Cab
- Blue Cab
- Sleigh Ride
- Pack Mule
|EndWar Joint Strike Force Units and Abilities|