Knowledge is power. This is especially true on the battlefields of 2020. Having a command and control vehicle like the C1A5 Archon on the ground boosts efficiency as well as morale and gives the commander a stronger link to his forces as well as adding the ability to initiate a SITREP. The Archon can also deploy a small compliment of armed sentry drones and an armed airborne hunter-killer UAV known as the Scryer.
C1A5 Archons can provide a valuable tactical edge on the battlefield. Each one of these high-tech vehicles is equipped with a dizzying array of computers, sensors, and other tools for information gathering and distribution. The Archon is a one-stop shop for all C5ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Combat Systems, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) needs. Placing a C1A5 on the ground will give commanders drastically enhanced battlefield awareness and allows for the detection of traps and stealth units.
Archons are also capable of deploying PD-6 Rottweiler sentry drones and an MQ-3 Scryer hunter-killer UAV. Rottweilers are armed with a 6.8 minigun while Scryers are armed with guided multipurpose missiles. Even when it's on its own an Archon isn't really alone. For close-range defense Archons are equipped with a 20mm remotely-operated chaingun.
C1A5s are powered by twin hybrid engines, with one engine powering each tread. A special system is in place which allows both treads to be powered by a single engine if one is damaged or disabled. While its sentry drones and UAV are effective at protecting the Archon, it is not designed to be a front-line combat vehicle and can be an easy target for enemy units if left unsupported.
- ARV missile: Increases PD-6 drone damage. Cost 100,000CR
- Point Defense: Increases close range defensive firepower. Cost 100,000CR
- Composite armor: Increases Hit Points. Cost 300,000CR
- Electric armor: Increases HP. Cost 900,000CR
- Active defense: Increases shield durability. Cost 1,200,000CR
- Hydrogen cells: Improves movement speed. Cost 100,000CR
- Power unit: Improves movement speed. Cost 300,000CR
- Stealth detection: Detects all stealth LOS. Cost 100,000CR
- Scryer: Enables deployment of an unarmed UAV. Cost 300,000CR
- Hunter killer: Upgrades UAV to wield missiles. Cost 900,000CR
- Trap detection: Detects all enemy minefields within LOS. Cost 1,200,000CR
Archon callsigns tend to reference crime syndicates.
- The Don
- Mr Big
- Crime Boss
- The C1A5 is the only tracked command vehicle.
- Archon is a Greek word that means ruler or lord.
- The C1A5 appears to be based off of an enlarged version of a vehicle from the cancelled Future Combat Systems program, the United Defense Future Combat System - Tracked (FCS-T) vehicle, which makes sense given that in the world of EndWar, the Future Combat Systems program apparently succeeded, as can be seen with the M118 Fastback.
|EndWar Joint Strike Force Units and Abilities|