AMZ-50 Marksman is a mobile artillery piece in use by the European Federation's Enforcer Corps.
The AMZ-50 Marksman is a second-generation wheeled howitzer truck. The concept has been used before by Swiss, French, and South African militaries and is now fully embraced by the European Enforcer Corps. The Marksman can be deployed rapidly and fits in perfectly with the EFEC's focus on speed over armor. It also has a fully electric engine thanks to its lightweight, when compared to other self-propelled howitzers, chassis.
Mobile artillery support is no good if all the fighting is done by the time it's put into position. The European Enforcer Corps uses the AMZ-50 Marksman self-propelled 6x6 howitzer because when it comes to speed, it is unmatched. No other artillery unit can be moved into position as quickly as the Marksman. The biggest trade-off for this speed is markedly lighter armor.
The Marksman uses a 155mm self-loading howitzer. Its fire control system is developed by a German company and is run by a sophisticated AI program. This system can calculate the location of an enemy unit faster than any other targeting computer in the world. The AMZ-50 can be upgraded to carry dual Grid Smasher rocket pods which add greatly to its hitting power and versatility.
Because wheeled vehicles are lighter than tracked ones, it was no problem for the EFEC to equip the Marksman with an electric engine. Not only that, but a series of generators are linked to the recoil action of the main gun. This means that firing the 155mm howitzer on the AMZ-50 actually helps to charge its batteries. The Marksman is the only artillery piece in the world which has this system in place.
- HPM Bomblet: Increases damage. Cost 100,000 CR
- Rail Cannon: Increases range. Cost 300,000 CR
- MLRS: Unlocks special attack: Fire MLRS. Launches rockets at target, has good damage and can bypass shielding. Cost 900,000 CR
- ECM Decoy: Increases shield durability. Cost 100,000 CR
- E-Warfare Suite: Increases shield durabiliry. Cost 300,000 CR
- Countermeasures: Increases shield durability. Cost 900,000 CR
- Ceramic armor: Increases Hit Points. Cost 1,200,000 CR
- Hydrogen cells: Increases movement speed. Cost 100,000 CR
- Power unit: Increases movement speed. Cost 300,000 CR
- Tactical mobility: Increases turning speed. Cost 900,000 CR
Marksman Units are given their callsigns from ranged weapons developed by several European civilizations ; like the Roman Empire. There are a few exceptions like the Yumi (Japanese word for Bow).Standard Callsigns. (These Callsigns apply for the English, German and Spanish versions)
- The AMZ-50 resembles the Swedish ARCHER system in use as of August 2009 by Sweden and Norway.
- The AMZ-50 also resembles the French CAESAR (CAmion Équipé d'un Système d'ARtillerie; Truck equipped with an artillery system) self-propelled 155 mm/52-calibre gun-howitzer, installed on a 6x6 truck chassis.
- AMZ is a Polish Company that manufactures several types of wheeled vehicles.
|EndWar European Federation Enforcer Corps Units and Abilities|